Raisin Cain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iowa Republican;Cain gets praise

Go down

Iowa Republican;Cain gets praise Empty Iowa Republican;Cain gets praise

Post by Cain's The Main Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:39 pm

Cain Gets Praise; Trump Gets a Laugh
– April 15, 2011
Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad laughed and couldn’t finish his sentence today when a reporter asked him about potential presidential contender Donald Trump, a celebrity known as The Donald.

Here’s how it went:

The Des Moines Register asked if he thought former pizza executive Herman Cain of Georgia had a shot at placing high in the Republican caucuses.

Without missing a beat, Branstad answered: “I like Herman Cain. He’s a businessman who’s done some great things. I think he’s made a good impression. Obviously he doesn’t have the name recognition that some of the other candidates have but I think he’s serious about this.

hermain-cain“You never know – the Iowa caucus system is really a grassroots thing. I certainly encourage him and I’m pleased he’s one of the candidates,” said Branstad, who had just finished taping “Iowa Press.”

Then Radio Iowa asked: “Is he more serious than The Donald?”

Branstad cracked up. “Well, we’ll see, you know…” he said, pausing. “The Donald has…” he paused again, laughing.

“You got me to break up on that one,” he said. “The Donald, as you call him, hasn’t been here yet. Although he did send an aide here. But he’s going to have to come and really spend some time and really – the way the Iowa system works, even though you might be a very successful business person and a TV personality, they still want to see you on the ground in Iowa, meeting with real people and answering tough questions, so we’ll see.”

Branstad added that he welcomes Trump, star of “The Apprentice,” to participate in the Iowa presidential caucuses, too.

Source: Iowa Republican
Cain's The Main
Cain's The Main
Admin

https://cain4pres.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down