Raisin Cain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cain Recounts Journey Toward Potential Race

Go down

Cain Recounts Journey Toward Potential Race Empty Cain Recounts Journey Toward Potential Race

Post by Cain's The Main Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:01 am

Republican Herman Cain mixed a bit about his personal trials with the recipe for financial austerity that's his campaign trademark on Saturday.

First, the personal side: When his first grandchild was born 12 years ago, Cain, the former CEO of Godfather's Pizza, decided he needed to try to make this a better world, not just take his business successes and ride into the sunset.

"In 2006, I was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer. I thought maybe this was God's plan to take me out of here," Cain told up to 300 people as he continued a national tour of tea party events. "I had it in my colon, and I had it in my liver, and I only had a 30 percent chance of survival."

Surgeons took out 30 percent of Cain's colon, 70 percent of his liver, he said. Yet here he was, standing in the cold Iowa wind, cancer-free for five years.

God said, 'Not yet. I got something for you to do.' " Cain said. "And it might be to become president of the United States of America."

The charismatic 65-year-old Georgia Republican, a tea party favorite, focused much of his speech on fiscal issues like the national debt and too-high taxes.

Cain said one of the most pressing national security threats is China, whose economy is outpacing the United States' partly because taxes are too high here.

"If we don't begin to grow with the potential that we have in this country, we will have another national security crisis, and that national security crisis is that China will be as big as we are," Cain said. "They'll start to develop a military as big and as good as ours and they've got a billion more people and they're holding 26 percent of our debt. And you think we're going to be able to sing 'Kumbaya' with them?"

Among his solutions: lowering taxes, including corporate and capital gains rates. Citing the 1960s and 1980s, he said tax revenue would increase. And more oil drilling should be done in the United States instead of foreign countries, he said.

Cain said he is weeks away from deciding whether to commit to seeking the Republican presidential nomination.

"In January, I had put my toe in the water," Cain said. "But I'll give you a little hint: It's now all the way up to my chin."
Source: http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20110417/NEWS09/104170340/-1/GETPUBLISHED03/Cain-recounts-journey-toward-potential-race[url= Republican Herman Cain mixed a bit about his personal trials with the recipe for financial austerity that's his campaign trademark on Saturday. First, the personal side: When his first grandchild was born 12 years ago, Cain, the former CEO of Godfather's Pizza, decided he needed to try to make this a better world, not just take his business successes and ride into the sunset. "In 2006, I was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer. I thought maybe this was God's plan to take me out of here," Cain told up to 300 people as he continued a national tour of tea party events. "I had it in my colon, and I had it in my liver, and I only had a 30 percent chance of survival." Surgeons took out 30 percent of Cain's colon, 70 percent of his liver, he said. Yet here he was, standing in the cold Iowa wind, cancer-free for five years. God said, 'Not yet. I got something for you to do.' " Cain said. "And it might be to become president of the United States of America." The charismatic 65-year-old Georgia Republican, a tea party favorite, focused much of his speech on fiscal issues like the national debt and too-high taxes. Cain said one of the most pressing national security threats is China, whose economy is outpacing the United States' partly because taxes are too high here. "If we don't begin to grow with the potential that we have in this country, we will have another national security crisis, and that national security crisis is that China will be as big as we are," Cain said. "They'll start to develop a military as big and as good as ours and they've got a billion more people and they're holding 26 percent of our debt. And you think we're going to be able to sing 'Kumbaya' with them?" Among his solutions: lowering taxes, including corporate and capital gains rates. Citing the 1960s and 1980s, he said tax revenue would increase. And more oil drilling should be done in the United States instead of foreign countries, he said. Cain said he is weeks away from deciding whether to commit to seeking the Republican presidential nomination. "In January, I had put my toe in the water," Cain said. "But I'll give you a little hint: It's now all the way up to my chin." http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20110417/NEWS09/104170340/-1/GETPUBLISHED03/Cain-recounts-journey-toward-potential-race]Des Moines Register[/url]
Cain's The Main
Cain's The Main
Admin

https://cain4pres.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down